2 weeks post-op


 It is 2 weeks today since my surgery!!

My wounds are all healed very nicely. Just left with 5 inch long lines and a fair amount of yellow bruising which is gradually fading day by day.
The 2 weeks of liquid only diet has been a bit of a faff if I'm honest but today I am moving onto puree πŸ˜€
The picture is the view from my dining table - my beautiful fish tank and clock.
Over the last 2 weeks I have spent a lot of time here timing my 'meals' by the big clock and the fish have kept me entertained and relaxed while doing it.
The next few weeks will be similar as I start on puree then mashed then onto soft foods.
Today has started with my meds (anti-reflux capsule, 2 psyllium husk capsules and 7.5ml liquid iron) followed by a caramel latte with added marvel powder for protein. Sipping over 30-45 minutes. I will then jump on the treadmill and walk a km ish before my breakfast of 1 weetabix with milk made to the consistency of first baby food πŸ˜‹.
In between breakfast and lunch I will sip my protein water with my dissolvable multi vitamin dissolved in it.
Lunch will be a soft scrambled egg and 2 spoons of baked beans and a pinch of low fat cheese all mashed down to a puree.  This afternoon I will have a protein shake, another km ish on treadmill. homemade chicken and veg soup for dinner then 5 min tai chi and a hot chocolate with added marvel powder before bed.
At some point during the day I also need to fit in a 850ml bottle of water one sip at a time and my arm exercises to help with th saggy bingo wings!
It really is full-on so am very grateful I can work from home around it!
I still can't drive so that's a bit of a pain but hopefully another week or so and I will be back to normal and can come and go as I please!
I can't see any visible differences yet bit I feel good and I have now lost 16lbs πŸ˜ƒ
Lots of love 😘😘

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello from me!

Christmas update πŸŽ„