Pre-op assessment day!


 I spent the afternoon at the BMI London Independent hospital having my pre-op assessment. It's a lovely place, FREE coffee in the waiting room!!

I filled in an 8 page health questionnaire then spent 35 minutes going through it with the nurse then onto blood test (about 10 bottles of the stuff!), ecg, blood pressure check, and getting weighed and measured. 

After all that I had an MRSA swab which involved a giant cotton bud (😖)  up the nose a la covid test followed by a couple of wipes in the groin area (🤢).

Of course I also had to have a Covid test before I was allowed to leave with instructions to self-isolate u tol my op on Monday.

I also paid for the op so it is very real now!!!

I am to be there Monday at 12pm for day one of my journey with the sleeve!!

Today's weight is 142 kg (313lbs/22 stone 3 lbs) 😔 but it will only be going down from here 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello from me!

2 weeks post-op

Operation day (part 3).....finally!!