Panic!!

 My surgeon said he had booked my operation for Monday 14th June and that the hospital would contact me to arrange a pre-op assessment and covid test. This morning I realised that it is only 6 days until op day and I have had no contact from the hospital. I called them first thing and was told that they do not have me on the list as they have never received a booking form from my surgeon 😲😲. Cue PANIC!!

Instantly called surgeon and was met by answerphone πŸ˜–. Left a garbled message and then emailed surgeon, dietitian, surgeons secretary and the nurse. 

Spent the entire day clutching my phone waiting for a call/email which didn't arrive until 4.30pm!!!

Surgeon said he sent booking form weeks ago and would sort it out.

Spent another hour stressing until the hospital finally called and said I am definitely on the list for Monday and I am going in on Friday for the pre-op 😬😬

VERY stressful day but finally sorted. I would really like a glass or two of gin right now but am not able to on my pre-op diet πŸ₯ΊπŸ€£


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello from me!

2 weeks post-op

Operation day (part 3).....finally!!