Hello from me!


 So, this is all new to me! 

At 48 years old I am writing my first blog 😁

As some of you may know, I have struggled with my weight for almost my entire adult life. 3 pregnancies, 3 caesarean sections, a love of food and a hatred of exercise have all helped to get me to where I am now - 5 ft 4 inches tall and over 22 1/2 stone. 

NOT GOOD! 😟

So I made the decision earlier this year to do finally do something about it. 

On 14th June 2021 I will be having a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (gastric sleeve operation). This was by no means an easy decision but I did a lot of research and have done a lot of preparation.

I have cut down my carb intake over the last month and bought a treadmill so I can up my exercise at home. Today marks the start of the final two week countdown in which I have to cut all carbs from my diet in order to shrink my liver a bit before the op.

Following the op I will be on a high protein liquid only diet for up to 4 weeks following by another 4-6 weeks on pureed food then moving on to soft foods for another 4 months before after about a year I can eat 'normal food' but obviously only small amounts and still sticking to as low fat low sugar regime.

I will also have to walk for at least 10 minutes every hour and build up to 30 minutes 3 times a day (I think I am dreading this more than the diet aspect of it as I really can't stand walking!). I have been walking at least twice a day for the last month for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes but today I have started the morning with a 10 minute walk and set timer on my phone for 1 hour so I will see how I get on with doing 10 minute walks through the day.

Any suggestions of good 10 minute-ish podcasts to keep me going would be gratefully accepted!

I will be taking photos in my underwear today then again the night before the op and as I start to lose weight. I am not brave enough to publish them just yet but as I get further into my journey I promise I will, even if it at the end as a before and after type thing.

Or maybe I will auction them to the highest bidder 😂😂😂

Bye for now, am off to do my next 10 minute walk which will be followed by a cheesy/bacony omelette 😋


Comments

  1. Hey Tina. What an amazing and brave decision you have made. You have the support of your friends and family throughout your journey. Sometimes the mindset shift is as hard as the physical side but you can do it ! Little steps at a time.

    Blogging will show you just how far you have come. Wishing you all the best. Jenny (soon to be Pitcher) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jenny and congrats on your upcoming nuptials (although remember he was my husband first 🤣)
      Lots of love to you both xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2 weeks post-op

Christmas update 🎄