1 week post-op


 Today marks 1 week since I was 'sleeved'.

Anyone who thinks this is an easy option, THINK AGAIN!!

My daily regime of vitamin/mineral supplements consists of multivitamins, vit D and B12 boosts and liquid iron. I will have to take these FOR LIFE. I will also need regular B12 injections.

I am also taking anti reflux medication twice a day which I will need to stay on for 6 months and the blood thinning injections (last one today πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰).

I have to take in at least 2 litres of liquid a day in the form of water, protein water, milk, protein shakes but am only allowed to sip as gulping could dislodge my staples 😬

This is a full time job! I am sipping constantly to get wnough liquid in!

From tomorrow I will also be adding psyllium husk capsules twice a day too for bowel stuff πŸ’© πŸ™Š.

As well as the liquid I also need to ensure I take in at least 60g or protein each day - my milkshakes and protein water help with that and I have a tasteless protein powder I am mixing in hot chocolate or my lunchtime soup (150mls only). I also melt 10g of grated cheese in my soups for added protein.

My wounds are healed nicely and no sign of infection, just some impressive bruising!!

I am walking a km on my treadmill 3 times a day and I have managed to get my time down to 12 minutes.

I have started learning tai chi this week with a beginner video on YouTube. Just 5mins a day but will try to keep it up and learn more until I can join a proper class. 

The next week will be the same as this one with regards to food but will increase walking and start doing exercises with dumbells to tighten arm skin.

I will try to check in weekly and keep you all posted.

Lots of love for the next week 😘

PS. I lost 8 pounds πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ



Comments

  1. I love tai chi, qui gong us also another really good gentle exercise and there are some excellent videos on YouTube. Well done Katrina you are doing amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello from me!

2 weeks post-op

Operation day (part 3).....finally!!